Crypto asset trading has continued to skyrocket in 2021, hitting new and unprecedented records:
- Volumes reached $3.8 trillion in April 2021 when bitcoin hit its all-time high.
- Between August 2020 to 2021, the traded value on large decentralized exchanges (DEXs), like Curve, Uniswap, and PancakeSwap grew by about 550%
- Major centralized exchange (CEX) Binance’s spot cryptocurrency trading volumes totaled $789 billion in September, versus $454 billion (€390.7 billion) in July, while derivatives volumes jumped almost 25% to $1.7 trillion.
DEXs have been gradually grabbing market share from CEXs:
One of the major drivers of this trend is the perceived superiority of DEX on many fronts:
- DEXs replace a centralized authority with automated protocols that enable trading and direct swapping of tokens, while CEX users give up control of their assets to the exchange’s servers.
- DEXs provide the user full control of their assets, eliminating jurisdictional constraints, and negating the need for KYC procedures.
- DEXs generally have lower trading fees compared to CEXs.
Despite their ongoing success, DEXs are still affected by a series of significant challenges.
Moreover, DEXs have been the subject of a growing number of cyber thefts and hacks:
- In March 2021, the DODO DEX experienced a smart contract hack, with the attackers stealing approximately $3.8 million in cryptocurrency.
- In August 2021, hackers stole more than $600 million of digital tokens from the Poly Network DEX.
- Half of all crypto hacks in 2020 originated from DeFi protocols and DEXs.
DEXs have not been able to solve the many security challenges of CEXs. As the crypto trading sector continues to expand, there is a strong market demand for a definitive trading solution – one with all the advantages of DEXs, without its weaknesses. This solution is about to come to market, and its name is Secretum.
Secretum: Crypto Trading, Reinvented.
Secretum is the world’s first and only fully decentralized, encrypted, and secure trading DApp built on the Solana Blockchain. The major innovation of Secretum is enabling the trading of all crypto assets (fungible and NFTs) directly between users, via a hybrid messaging + trading function. The defining features of Secretum are a game-changer for crypto trading.
- A secure and anonymous sign-up process, which only needs the user’s crypto wallet address – no emails, names, or other personal data.
- An easy, intuitive, and purely P2P trading interface to send and receive cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
- A unique search function to locate the owners of specific NFT assets, enabling two parties to connect to each other solely via wallet address and trading.
Secretum’s advantages over DEXs are significant:
- No risks of sensitive data leaks and full protection of the identity of crypto-asset owners. All data is stored on the independent and verified nodes in the Secretum network, with no central point of failure.
- Record low fees and almost instant trades, thanks to Solana’s capability of 50,000 transactions per second and an average cost per transaction of only $0.00025. This compares favorably to the 1% to 0.3% + gas fees usually charged by DEXs.
- Traders are able to contact each other directly and find hidden liquidity in crypto markets – improving execution times and prices.
Secretum is ready to unleash its platform at a time where major DEXs are reaching valuations well into the billions of dollars:
As crypto trading continues to grow, hacking attacks and cyber theft will become an even larger threat in terms of frequency and size. Investors will therefore highly value a superior trading and private messaging platform with unrivaled security features. By leveraging the power of the Solana Blockchain to offer unique benefits to crypto traders, Secretum is positioning itself to be that platform. Secretum litepaper.
Credit: Source link